Erin Arwady, LMSW Experienced, Creative Therapist
About the Therapist
"Life is Change. Growth is optional. Choose Wisely."- Karen Kaiser Clark
Erin received her Bachelor of Arts degree in 2003 from the University of Notre Dame and her Masters in Social work degree from Temple University in 2007. She is a fully licensed clinical social worker from the state of Michigan. Originally from Philadelphia, PA Erin moved with her family to Kalamazoo in 2009 to become a part of this amazing "education community." She is married with 2 children. Grounded in social and racial justice values and ethics, she is passionate about meeting her clients where they are utilizing outside-the-box techniques.
Children & Adolescents ages 7-19
- Adolescent Transitions/Life Experience
- Family Conflict & Parenting Skills
- Mood Disorders- Depression & anxiety
- Dual diagnoses & addiction
- Personality Disorders
- ADHD & Behavioral Concerns
- Building Coping Skills
- Anger Management
- In Private Practice since 2012; including 3+ years at Compass Wellness in Otsego, MI. Also Offers LMSW licensure supervision.
- Part-Time Instructor in the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University 2013-current.
- MSW intern supervisor KYD-Net 2017- current
- Senior Site Coordinator, Communities in Schools Kalamazoo, Loy Norrix HS 2009-2011
- Fairmount Behavior Health - Philadelphia, PA. Allied Therapist and Hospital social worker on adult dual diagnosis unit 2008-9.
- Project Transition-Chalfont, PA. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor and expressive arts director 2004-2008.
- Silver Springs/Martin Luther School - Plymouth Meeting, PA. Childcare/Mental Health worker 2003-4.